Customer Care and Services
Coronavirus: Information centres and research rooms closed to visitors
Due to the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the Information centres and research rooms of the DPMA will remain closed until further notice. There will be no on-site consultations and no Initital Inventor Consultations. This measure is necessary to prevent a possible spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) at the DPMA and to reduce the risk of exposure of staff and visitors. We ask for your understanding.
We are ready to help you
Our Central Customer Care and Services is the first point of contact for any question you wish to ask the DPMA.
- You wish to apply for a patent, a utility model, a trade mark or a design?
- You have general questions about IP applications, the procedures and the application requirements or about fees?
- You want to obtain information about the legal and procedural status of your IP applications (register information)?
- You wish to receive advice and support with conducting searches for patents, utility models, trade marks or designs?
- You need help to find your way around our extensive website?
- You have suggestions for improvement or complaints?
At our locations in Munich, Jena and Berlin (Information and Service Centre), the staff of several teams and of two information levels of the Customer Care and Services will be happy to assist you:
- central phone number +49 89 2195-1000
(Monday through Thursday from 8:00 to 16:00 and Friday from 8:00 to 14:00 local time)
- e-mail to email@example.com
- post or fax
- service for visitors at the enquiry units in Munich, Jena and Berlin
The Customer Care and Services is not authorised to give legal advice. Legal advice is exclusively provided by patent attorneys and lawyers.
Last updated: 20 October 2020