News from the DPMA
Inventiveness and creativity need effective protection. The DPMA is the German centre of expertise for all intellectual property rights - for patents, utility models, trade marks and registered designs. As the largest national patent office in Europe and the fifth largest national patent office in the world, it is committed to Germany's future as a country of inventors in a globalised economy.
Here you will find our current press releases and the archive of earlier press releases.
Not all press releases are available in English. Here you will find an overview of the press releases in German.
- "Impressive and highly innovative technical solutions"
- "Level never seen before": 2022 Deutscher Zukunftspreis award fort high-tech microscope
- Expansion plug, airbag, stud boots: Independent inventors are still an “important part of the innovation landscape”
- Global Innovation Index 2022: Germany moves up to 8th place in the ranking
- Another serious case of fraud: German Patent and Trade Mark Office warns again of misleading payment requests
- Deutscher Zukunftspreis: two DPMA proposals among the nominated innovations
- Free consultations providing guidance and orientation to small and medium-sized enterprises and start-ups
- Serious case of fraud: German Patent and Trade Mark Office firmly warns of misleading payment requests
- Long tradition and a guarantee for the future
- European Inventor Award for “phenomenal lifetime achievement”
- DPMA Annual Report 2021: China ever more innovative in digital technologies
- Federal Minister of Justice: “Maintain and extend the competences of the DPMA”
- World Intellectual Property Day 2022: DPMA President praises young inventors’ eagerness for innovation
- Germany is leading in the field of climate-friendly innovations
- Number of patent grants at record level
- Archive - press releases
Last updated: 20 October 2020