News from the DPMA
Inventiveness and creativity need effective protection. The DPMA is the German centre of expertise for all intellectual property rights - for patents, utility models, trade marks and registered designs. As the largest national patent office in Europe and the fifth largest national patent office in the world, it is committed to Germany's future as a country of inventors in a globalised economy.
Here you will find our current press releases and the archive of earlier press releases.
Not all press releases are available in English. Here you will find an overview of the press releases in German.
- European Inventor Award for “phenomenal lifetime achievement”
- DPMA Annual Report 2021: China ever more innovative in digital technologies
- Federal Minister of Justice: “Maintain and extend the competences of the DPMA”
- World Intellectual Property Day 2022: DPMA President praises young inventors’ eagerness for innovation
- Germany is leading in the field of climate-friendly innovations
- Number of patent grants at record level
- Air taxis and Co.: Steep rise in the number of innovations
- Deutscher Zukunftspreis award for the “key to the fight against COVID-19”
- "Guarantors of stability during the crisis"
- Global Innovation Index 2021: DPMA President sees both light and shadow in Germany
- Deutscher Zukunftspreis award: DPMA President recognises “outstanding innovators”
- More information services for intellectual property protection
- PIZnet campaign week: "IP strategies for SMEs"
- Reform package strengthens innovation location germany
- DPMA Annual Report 2020: innovation trends in automotive technology and digitisation
- “Brilliant technology pioneer”: DPMA President congratulates Karl Leo on winning the European Inventor Award
- "Sagacious pioneer in comprehensive digitisation"
- “Flagship project” of the federal government marks its 10th anniversary
- Exhaust gas becomes plastic: Brilliant German researchers nominated for the European Inventor Award
- Attractive funding programmes for SMEs
- Refrigerator, coffee filter, complex robots
- User Advisory Council starts its second term
- Digitisation: China and South Korea are gaining further ground
- Trade mark boom during lockdown
- Archive - press releases
Last updated: 20 October 2020